Priorities for Farmers Market Spaces
Selection of applicants will attempt to provide a continuous and diverse selection of agricultural, horticultural, cottage products and specialty food items for the patrons of the Market. Preference will be given to growers and specialty food vendors using more organic and sustainable methods, who provide higher quality products, and who are located closer to the Market.
Effort will be made to ensure each vendor has the opportunity to improve sales over time, primarily by balancing supply and demand for products brought to market.
The market is intended to provide a positive contribution to the community. Vendors who do not exhibit a collegial, positive, and helpful attitude toward fellow vendors, market patrons, or the market manager may not be invited to participate in the market next season.
Farmers, growers, and horticultural producers who apply for space in the Market will be considered in the following order of priority:
1. Those whose products are grown organically and sustainably.
2. Those whose products are grown sustainably without the use of chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides.
3. Those whose products are grown by conventional means.
Cottage producers and Specialty Food Vendors who apply for space in the Market will be considered in the following order of priority:
• Cottage producers whose products are comprised completely or predominantly of ingredients and materials grown on or gathered from their farms, with a preference for the greatest use of organically grown and sustainably grown ingredients.
• Those whose primary ingredients are grown regionally, with a preference for the greatest use of organically grown and sustainably produced ingredients.
Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in participating in our Outdoor Market Season.