Priorities for Farmers Market Spaces
Selection of applicants will attempt to provide a continuous and diverse selection of agricultural, horticultural, cottage products and specialty food items for the patrons of the Market. Preference will be given to growers and specialty food vendors using more organic and sustainable methods, who provide higher quality products, and who are located closer to the Market.
Effort will be made to ensure each vendor has the opportunity to improve sales over time, primarily by balancing supply and demand for products brought to market.
The market is intended to provide a positive contribution to the community. Vendors who do not exhibit a collegial, positive, and helpful attitude toward fellow vendors, market patrons, or the market manager may not be invited to participate in the market next season
Farmers, growers, and horticultural producers who apply for space in the Market will be considered in the following order of priority:
1. Those whose products are grown organically and sustainably.
2. Those whose products are grown sustainably without the use of chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides.
3. Those whose products are grown by conventional means.
Cottage producers and Specialty Food Vendors who apply for space in the Market will be considered in the following order of priority:
• Cottage producers whose products are comprised completely or predominantly of ingredients and materials grown on or gathered from their farms, with a preference for the greatest use of organically grown and sustainably grown ingredients.
• Those whose primary ingredients are grown regionally, with a preference for the greatest use of organically grown and sustainably produced ingredients.
The fee for new vendors is $300 for the 26-week season. We also offer $60 monthly and $20 daily drop in rates. There is a non refundable application fee of $25 for all applicants.
Our market application is done entirely online, through the website program managemymarket.com
Once you create a profile and enter your products, you will see a list of markets within 100 miles of your zipcode. Look for Madeira Farmers’ Market OUTDOOR Season – 2017.
After you apply to the market, you will receive a confirmation email letting you know that your application email was sent. Space at the market cannot be considered until we receive your application AND application fee.
Due to limited space and the increased interest in the Madeira Farmers’ Market, preference will be given to those applicants who apply by Wednesday, February 8th. Applicants will receive notification regarding acceptance by March 10th. Please note that preference is given to farmers whose products are certified organic and specialty food and cottage vendors who utilize locally produced and organic ingredients.
If you have any questions about the application process you can utilize this contact info for tech support:
THANK YOU !